"Popcorn" is the nickname we gave to our incredibly active son. If you spent 2 minutes with him, you will easily understand the meaning of the nickname. The Chinese Noodle is the affectionate nickname we chose for our hoped for Daughter-to-Be, who may one day come to us in the LORD's perfect time from China.

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Victory

 

“For whatever is born of God overcomes the world,
and this is the Victory that has overcome the world---
our Faith.”---------------- I John 5:4

I am watching our world’s moral conscience decay, and am saddened by what I see. Since we do not have television in our home, Mike & I listen to the Radio quite a bit. It would seem that there are no longer moral absolutes in this great Country. Sins are deemed neutral acts, and ”civil rights.”

I am so glad that the LORD has promised us the power to overcome. The enticements of this world – riches, promiscuity, gossip, alcohol, drugs, abortion, etc. – completely turn me off. For our childrens’ sake, we must speak out and identify sin as sin, no matter how ‘beautiful’ its wrappings. The enemy will continue to try to deceive our children and others by his lies, but the Word of God is alive and sharp. The standard of the LORD will helps us to overcome the world. ...................................................Are you an Overcomer?
Dear Father God,

Thank you for sending Your only Son to die for me. Thank you for giving me the power to be an overcomer of the sin in this world. May I keep my eyes always focused on You so that I will recognize sin, no matter how appealing. Help me to teach my child to be an overcomer, too.

In Jesus Name,
AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment