"Popcorn" is the nickname we gave to our incredibly active son. If you spent 2 minutes with him, you will easily understand the meaning of the nickname. The Chinese Noodle is the affectionate nickname we chose for our hoped for Daughter-to-Be, who may one day come to us in the LORD's perfect time from China.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Time out for a good Laugh

I sometimes just need a good laugh about the indiscretions of my seven year old son.
His First Grade Teacher called earlier to tell me that he had some trouble today. I was confused because she was laughing as she spoke. It seems that they were studying earth science: the Theory of Global Warming. she noticed that Blaine seemed irritated and was squirming around in his chair as the lesson went on. Soon the children beside him at his table were distracted and seemed to be listening to Blaine talk, not paying attention to the presentation. She called him on it, and Blaine proclaimed confidently and loudly, "What you are saying is just gibberish. We know that global Warming is just a myth." I know, I know, a re-educating on respecting authority is definitely called for tonight when we review the day with Blaine... and I will follow-through on that. But "gibberish???"  Where does a kid hear words like that? I now know that he is listening to my AM Talk Radio Issues program, too. The teacher said that I should at least be recognized for teaching Blaine critical thinking skills! Home Education is looking better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment