"Popcorn" is the nickname we gave to our incredibly active son. If you spent 2 minutes with him, you will easily understand the meaning of the nickname. The Chinese Noodle is the affectionate nickname we chose for our hoped for Daughter-to-Be, who may one day come to us in the LORD's perfect time from China.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Possessing and Passing on Godly Characteristics

I loved this print by Mary Englebreit
It reminds me to keep plodding on
with my goals.



"If we fix a goal and work towards it, then we are never just passing time."


--Anna Neagle,  Actress


The path I desire for my life is one of integrity and honesty. I want to love myself; look in the mirror every morning and acknowledge the unique person I am. I am working on acknowledging  the kindness and good in me.   I strive to conduct myself with dignity and honor. I am taking charge of my life; nurturing it, giving myself little rewards when I overcome; hoping that the balance within will reveal itself through the smile on my face, and the gleam in my eyes.

With all of this in mind, I hope to pass these same qualities on to my son, and to my Sunday School students at our church.


s



No comments:

Post a Comment